Monday, March 2, 2009

what an introduction

I love this pic of my hubby and baby. There is just something about the way he looks at him.

Here is my friend Tiffy who came to visit me at the hospital! Note: this is what you look like after 20 hours of labor and no sleep!

So I better hurry up and post this before little Mack wakes up!

Where do I start? It has certainly been an interesting few weeks of mommyhood. Our little Valentines present got here and I think someone forgot to cut the umbilical cord because he is attached to his momma! If anyone has any ideas how to get a baby to sleep in a bassinet let me know because since the minute he was born he wants nothing to do with it. For now it makes a great storage rack. I had both my moms here for a week after he was born, which was an incredible help. A week after he was born my father-in-law had a heartattack and so Jason and his mom had to fly back home suddenly. He took the computer with him so I didn't have one (our other screen is broken). So it was a crash course for me in mother hood, just me and mack! It was a long week, but Jason is home now and we are getting settled again. I can't believe how much work it is to be a mom! Whew!!! We have certainly seen alot of miracles the last week with Jason's dad and he is doing better. Sorry that this post is in the middle of pics but it won't let me move them. More posts to come. Hopefully sooner than previous ones! Baby is crying....bedtime!





I love this pic of my guys

This is supposed to be sideways but you get the point. I love his little face

Bath time is so much fun! Thanks Brittany J for the towel.

7 comments:

Amberlee said...

So glad you finally updated! I miss him... we are going to come up when we have a few hours this week. I just cant get enough!

The Hilton Family~ said...

Wow that has been a crazy intro for you. I hope Jason's Dad is doing better and i hope you got my text last Friday. He is so stinkin cute! Post more pics soon!

Keri said...

Very cute. We've been worried about all of you this last little bit. Glad to hear that your survived being on your own & that Darwin is doing better.

Sarah Z said...

Sorry to hear bout JAson's dad. But what better way to get you into "mommy-mode" than leave you completely alone with your baby for days?! Hope you are all doing well & PLEASE let me know if you need anything. I hardly work so even if you need company, I can come visit...

Melissa said...

oH MAN HE IS ADORABLE! coNGRATS AGAIN! AND I HOPE JASONS DAD IS DOING BETTER! LOVE YA!

Amy Jenks said...

I'm sorry to hear about Jason's dad. I hope all is well. And, I hope you are getting settled.
About the bassinet, Kayla didn't like to sleep in hers either. I finally gave up and let her sleep in her swing. She ALWAYS fell asleep in it during the day, and it worked well at night. As she got a little older, she was able to sleep in the bassinet but ONLY when the vibrate was on. Then came the transition to the crib...

KTLADY said...

Mel, I just now saw that you updated your blog! Sometimes I forget to look!! I was shocked to find out about Jason's dad. I had no idea. Gosh, I hope he's still improving. And I think Mack is so dang cute. You look amazing for 20 hours of labor. But you can't help it. You're always so dang adorable. I can't wait to meet the little man and see you as a sweet little mama. I would tell you what I did to help my Colebug sleep, but it breaks all the rules. He was a tummy sleeper. I've heard sometimes if you put a small pillow or folded blanket under the mattress, you can maneuver the shape to where he would be most comfortable. Just an idea. Hopefully by now you're already figuring him out. New babies are like puzzles- trying to figure them out and get to know who these magical creatures really are!! I'm so happy for you. Talk to you soon. Love ya!!