Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Breckyn Chloe
Well our little Las Vegas showgirl made her grand entrance on Jan 18, 2011. She is so perfect and I still cant believe that she is here. She almost made her grand entrance a little too soon (like in the car), but we all are safe and doing well. That morning I woke up and felt a little different but no contractions so I kinda figured in the next day or so she might be coming. Jason was going to school to take a Pharmacology exam that he was really worried about. He had threatened me for weeks not to go into labor before that exam. Yeah, like I can control that! Macks and I were hanging out at home and I put him down for a nap at 2:00 and while I was laying there I felt two pretty strong contractions that hurt, so I started timing them. I had two that were exactly 10 min apart and then it was 3 min, 3 min, 3 min, and I started getting worried. "Was this it? I don't know, how do I know, who do I call?" I called the labor and delivery at the hospital and she said they like them 3 min apart lasting 1 1/2 min. Well mine were pretty short but they were definately every 3 min. So I called Jason and said you better come home I think I am in labor. Mind you this was only 2 hours after he had finished his Pharm exam! By the time he got home and we got in the car to take Macks to the neighbors house it was 3 or 3:30! We still had a 1/2 hour car ride to get to the hospital. The whole way there it was still every 3 min. When we got there and checked in they told me to wait in the waiting room and they would call me. So here I am laboring in the waiting room of the hospital with everyone watching me ... super! It seemed like forever, but Jason said it was only like 10 min, and they finally called me up ... to sign papers! OK thank you have a seat again we will call you when a nurse is free! Really? How long will that take? Not sure just whenever they have a nurse free. So by now I am really hurting and they better hurry up. I told Jason to go and get someone because I am going to have this baby. He is trying to help me relax while we wait but I just need to get back there because this baby is not waiting. Well they finally call me back after another 5 min or so and she tells me to change into a gown. Everyone says, "breath, breath" I say, "let me show you how this feels". The second I finished putting my gown on I told Jason I need to push now and I hit the emergency cord. Well everyone and their dog comes running to see whats the matter. My nurse just said ok your going to a room! So she was pushing me to get to a room and into a bed. I got there and 10 min later Breckyn was here! No doctor, drugs, IV, no name in the computer, baby caught by nurse Vicky, and we all lived happily ever after. It was one club I did not want to join ... the au natural club! I went from 20 hours of labor and induction with Macks to 2 1/2 hours with Breckyn! She is such a good baby, thank heavens! Macks loves his little sister so much and is really good with her. I spent two days in the hospital, but it was nice to just spend some time with my little girl! Thankful to be back home and getting back into a routine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
:0 ohmygosh! what an entrance! i don't blame you for not wanting to join that club! :) so glad she is here and that you guys are doing well! congratulations!!
ps congrats on the white coat!! so exciting!!
Crazy! I'm glad you all made it and are doing well!
I can totally relate with both of my children coming super fast. Though, I had planned to go natural and they pulled in a doc from the next room to catch instead of a nurse on the first. The second, I went in because she dropped, not because I was feeling anything because I was so scared I'd have her at home. I only had 1 hour of hard contractions. I'm SOOO worried about how this one will enter...
I have to admit...I had given up on your blog until I talked to Jess P at her baby shower. She told me you were due anyday and I thought, "did I know she was pregnant?!" Congratualtions! What a great delivery story...I'm with you...don't want to join the club (that you are now in!) not EVER!
Oh my goodness! what a story! I am so glad that you are all doing well. That was a close one ;) so glad you posted. would love to see some pics of the little one when you get a chance!
Post a Comment